MS Outlook is the well-known e-mail application. It marks its own landmark every filed. It commonly used in an organization to carry manage information. This email client stores data folders such as emails, attachments, contacts, personal folder, notes, calendar entries and other items in a table called Personal Storage Table. However, sometime this PST file gets corrupt and you lose your entire Outlook data. PST file is like a backbone of MS Outlook if it gets corrupt Outlook stop responding.
When PST file gets corrupt, you will get following error message “the file adcd.pst could not be accessed”, “Close Outlook application, it has encountered a problem”, “CRC error”, “cannot find xyx.pst file”. After PST corruption, you will no longer be able to access Outlook profile and lose your important data present on your Outlook including your emails, calendars, contacts and etc. There are uncountable reasons which may corrupt your PST file and make it inaccessible.
Reasons for PST file corruption
- Sudden system termination, when PST file was in use is the most common reason for PST corruption. This happens due to an abrupt power surge or voltage fluctuation.
- PST file is having some defined size limit in every version of Outlook. If PST file reached its file size limit it gets corrupt.
- Sharing PST files between different networks is very risky. As these networks have lots of catastrophic elements, which may corrupt your PST file.
- Spyware attack on system hard drive, where the PST file is stored also brings PST file corruption.
- File system corruption during OS reinstallation, OS failure, MS Outlook up gradation, Server crash, Hardware crash, MS Outlook malfunction, can also be the reason for PST file corruption.
Way to overcome from PST files corruption issue
In order to counter this corruption, MS Outlook has an inbox repair tool also called “Scanpst.exe”. Which repair the internal structure of the PST file and repairs it, but sometimes this tool fails to respond and cause further corruption. The tool also doesn’t repair PST file, whose size is more than 2GB. Now you will ask what to do if scanpst.exe not working? In such situations, you need advanced PST repair tool.
PST repair software is a wonderful tool to repair damaged PST file. The application rigorously scans the severely corrupt PST file and recovers all the items such as contacts, attachments, journals, tasks, notes, calendar items, personal folders, sent items etc. Along with repairing the PST file, this tool recovers all the deleted emails and includes them in new PST file. How to repair PST file question is now having a perfect answer as PST repair tool.
How to repair corrupt PST file using PST repair tool?
Download and install PST Repair software to your computer. Run the software and make use of open PST file option to open the corrupt PST file. I don’t know the exact location of the PST file, then use find PST file option to search for the corrupt PST file. If you want to select a specific Outlook profile, then go for Outlook profile. Choose the appropriate scanning method. Select the destination path and click on repair. It is suggested to close the MS Outlook before executing repair operation. As the tool completes the repair process, you can preview repaired Outlook emails and other elements like contacts, notes, journals etc.
Precautions to be followed
- Before installing software make sure that drive should have free space of 50 MB.
- Close your Outlook application, before performing PST repair process.
- Maintain a suitable backup your PST file data, it will help you at the time of data loss.
- Don’t try to access corrupted PST file several number of times, as it leads to further corruption.
- Close your Outlook application properly after use.
- Remove unwanted emails regularly, it will help you to avoid PST oversized problem.
- Don’t shore your PST file on a public network or unsecured server.
- Use upgraded virus protection tool on your system, to protect your PST file from virus attack.